Monday, December 31, 2007

Yearly Tragedy

Today I am 36. Which according to the mathematic principles I was taught in elementary school tips me closer to 40 then 30. Sigh.

I thought going from 29 to 30 really sucked, but I am not finding that the passing of each year is getting any easier. Even when every magazine is full of stories of actress over 40 saying that getting older just keeps getting better and better. I think, yeah right, I believe that about as much as when they talk about how much they eat.

Not that 35 was that bad. At one point this year I actually weighed less than at my wedding. But the real problem is, I don't feel 36. I don't feel like a grown up. At 36 you should damn well feel capable of keeping a plant alive, and be mature enough not to want to rack up your credit car buying an X Box. I am afraid I have not grown enough. Most days I don't feel capable of making decisions. Like I just don't want to bother with anything that doesn't follow my bliss.

If you can have a quarter life crisis then what is a 36 birthday crisis called? A 36 percent crisis?

2 comments:

Squirrelly Girly said...

OMG, Jenge and I are gonna get an xbox too!

as for your 36% crisis... I'm starting to think that maybe what we all thought we were going to have by XX age is only waht 2% of the population has, yet the other 98% of us feel the dichotomy of it and then get all 'meh'. I have a crisis every year when it's my birthday, which is why I don't have a party, and don't even like it getting acknowledged.

that and I still have to remind myself I'm 32. When people ask how old I am, I still want to say 27

Tash said...

So on the mark!